Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Emerson made her debut!!!

Sorry it has taken me so long to post anything....you know how it is with a newborn at home! (Pics will come soon)

Thursday, Sept 17th- 5:30pm- We went to the hospital for a scheduled induction. My obgyn was going to be put of town the next week when I was due and Mike and I really wanted her to deliver, so we induced 6 days before due date.

Friday, Sept 18th- It was a slow process, and I didn't start having contractions until the next day around 11am, I think. It's all very much a blur....they did have to use a vacuum to remove her, and that still kinda haunts me. The important part is that she came at 2:11pm, and she was/is PERFECT! We could not have asked for a prettier baby! 6 lbs 10 oz----19.75 in long. Around day 2, they noticed she had some jaundice, so while we were in the hospital she had to lay under the jaundice lamps.

I was discharged from the hospital on Sunday, but they let me "room in" with Emerson until she could go home. Luckily, they discharged her the next day on Monday, so we got to go home!!!!

Home with her has been great! She's a pretty easy baby so far. Very noisy (not crying, just funny noises...grunting, etc). She makes the funniest noises and faces! I could stare at her all day long. We are so so so so blessed. And you can tell that Mike is head over heels.

We are so lucky to have such support from great family and friends! Many came to visit in the hospital, and many came to visit at home. Some of them brought meals, and we so appreciated that!

My mom and dad came on Thursday night for the inducing and were there the next day for the big arrival! Mike's mom Betty was also there when Emerson was born. My mom stayed with us until Thursday of the next week. We had Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun night by ourselves and then Betty came on Monday and stayed til Sunday. Mom and Betty were a GREAT help. THANK YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment