Sunday, September 6, 2009

Updates on the nursery, on Emerson, and on the pregnancy!





Here are the updated pics of the nursery! Everything is set and ready for her to arrive! As most of you know, my friend Trish painted the letters on the wall. She also painted the canvas (in the first pic), and it turned out great! The middle oval looks really lime green in the pic, but it is more like the wall color in real life. We are very pleased with how the nursery turned out...now all we need is a baby to enjoy it with us! (We also got a new glider and ottoman-in the last pic-, but we have it in our living room...not enough room in the nursery.)

Emerson updates- At our last appt on 8/31, they had her weighing in at about 6lbs 3oz from the measurements on her ultrasound. That is the 42nd percentile for weight, so she is almost average. On that date, I was 36 1/2 weeks. I go weekly now, so I can't wait to see what they say at my next appt on 9/9. She is doing wonderfully. We are so happy and feel so blessed that the pregnancy has gone well and that she has been healthy thus far. We are so excited, we almost can't stand it! Our bags are packed, and we are ready!

For anyone that has not been pregnant before, I will tell you and warn you now that the last month is absolutely NO FUN! It is impossible to get any sleep b/c you cannot get comfortable. I get up to pee at least 4 times a night....and getting up is not easy! These last few weeks have consisted of swollen feet, lots of Braxton Hicks contractions, raised blood pressure and being so tired I am almost don't think I can make it through the day. Working full-time has not been easy either, especially in my field of work. Anyone that teaches elementary kids knows that the first few weeks of school are the hardest and most stressful weeks of the year. Sitting down is almost not an option. It's been hard starting off the year being 8 1/2 months pregnant...and the heat is not helping either....next time, we will TRY to time our pregnancy differently! Oh- and I have developed carpal tunnel in both of my wrists. Supposedly, this is a hormonal thing that springs up in some pregnancies. The doc says it will go away after the baby is born. Hope so, b/c it hurts! OK- enough complaining! She is coming soon...very soon...so I can stand it all until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment